"...Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised....." Proverbs 31

Friday, August 11, 2017

Faith is not separate on this journey.

Welcome to what I hope is just the first of many posts dedicated to the Christian Faith aspect of my weight loss journey. It is my hope and desire to share Biblical Truths  that the Lord Jesus is showing me as I begin to treat my body as the temple that it was created to be.

In 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 it says:

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 

20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

I read this and my heart is convicted. I know that in the past 16 years I have not treated my body as the temple God created it to be. I may not smoke, drink, or do drugs, but I have harmed myself just the same with the junk that I have consumed over the years. The blessing of food and drink has actually become a curse. I have allowed food consumption to become a sin in my life. That is not an easy thing to admit, but it is truth all the same. Food has become an Idol in my life. It is what I turn to when I am hurting instead of turning to Jesus. If Idolatry wasn't bad enough, I also recognized that I have walked a path of gluttony. The over-consumption and over-indulgences have led to health problems, aches, and pains. This is not God's intention for my body. I am ashamed of how I have treated the temple God has blessed me with.

I believe real change happens only when truth is allowed to illuminate the areas of our life where we need that change to take place. I have struggled with my weight and weight loss for so long, but only recently have I began to understand the underlying issues that I was not willing to deal with. I know that God will be revealing so much more as I continue on this journey in learning how to see my body as His temple.

My faith in God is necessary on this journey as I learn to rely on Him and rely less on food.

I hope and pray that the truth God has revealed in my life will encourage another on their own journey, no matter where they may be.

God Bless.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment