"...Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised....." Proverbs 31

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Life and blog ideas!

First, I would like to apologize. It has been a few months since I have had a chance to get on here. Life has gotten a little hectic for our family as we embarked on a new journey of VIRTUAL ACADEMY for our 7 year old son. It has been a roller coaster but I think we have finally found "our groove". I am hoping that I am able to get on here and post more often that I have been able to.

I have been thinking a lot about this blog and what purpose it has. Especially in regards to the "NOBLE WIFE, HEALTHY LIFE" aspect. For too long I think I have been focusing so much on just the weight loss aspect of my journey to become that ever elusive butterfly.

I was rereading some of my first posts from January 2014. In my "The Cycle Of Life" post, using the imagery of a butterfly's anatomy, I came up with this sort of blueprint of how God's perfect beauty would be made complete in me as I transitioned from a caterpillar to a butterfly. 

The body at the center represents keeping Jesus at the center of my heart and the four wings represent the balance of the following areas:

SPIRITUAL:

  • Love of Jesus shining through me for all to see.
  • Intimate relationship with God through prayer, worship, and devotion
  • Constant hunger and thirst for righteousness and actually living God's will.
  • The fruit of my branches would be noticeable to others and the gifts of the Spirit would be present all around in my life. 
PHYSICAL:
  • Healthy blood pressure & blood sugar levels.
  • Hormone levels balanced.
  • Active Lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight, and to be strong and flexible.
  • Healthy Eating: Portion Control, Food Choices, Water, etc.
  • Shiny and strong nails & hair; glowing skin.
EMOTIONAL:
  • No erratic feelings of highs and lows.
  • Be Joyful
  • Healthy relationships with family and friends.
MENTAL:
  • Less worrisome and stressed out.
  • Self-Controlled.
  • Disciplined. 

I am still praying about how I should use this blog for encouragement not only for myself, but for others, but I do believe it needs to contain all of these areas. What this will look like, I am not exactly sure. But I do know that my hope is for God to use me to speak truth and life into other women's lives. I am not perfect and I will make mistakes, but greater is He that is in me!

God bless us all on our journeys in taking care of these temples God has blessed us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment